As you may or may not have noticed, we have changed the theme here at Stupidopolis. Thanks to the design team for the many sleepless nights spent hacking MiloIIIIVII’s code to get things to look nice. Oh, I see the FlikR section is not done yet. I would have expected better from you, but I guess it’s just one thing, and as long as it gets finished today, perhaps not too many people will see it. I expect you guys to prioritize, and then work on the most important sections first. You really need to do better next time – we can’t have this kind of thing happening again. OK?
Anyway, back to the site. There are a few new things I would like to point out.
- Hovering your mouse over a link will give you some text, hopefully helpful, pertinent text about tha link. Ah, see now that is another example of what I was talking about. Look at the hover text; hardly any of it is pertinent! I told you guys that this was very important. I just told our readers that it was going to be helpful, and now I look like an idiot!
- anyway, moving on. Our calendar is a quick and easy way to navigate through posts by date. Hovering over a red date will give you the post titles from that date. At least that is working.
- The photo for our header is of the Chicago north shore as seen from the observation deck of the Sears tower. Erk, here is your $10 gift card for use at any Good Company restaurant. Thanks to everyone who submitted a photo.
- The tag lines from the home page (Stupidopolis.com) have been moved right under the blog title in the header photo. This text will change every time the page is reloaded. Thanks to Erk’s ability to find php code using google for making that happen.
- Below each post are a series of icons, which are supposed to have a label! Come on, we talked about all this in our meeting last night, and in our morning meeting today! Well, in case you can’t guess what those icons are for, they allow you to add any Stupidopolis article to Digg, Del.icio.us, Reddit, and several others which I can’t remember right now because I forgot my list.
- We have added a Google search field, so that you can — guys, the old search field is still there! What the hell is going on here? It doesn’t even have a label on it, it’s just floating in space! WordPress, GO, what are these supposed to tell our readers? That’s it, I’m done talking. You need to get this stuff done by the deadline. It’s my ass on the line here! I am so disappointed.